My dearest friend invited me to a gathering at her house whereby her women friends may meet for the first time, and transform energy in her house which had had too many experiences with men in it which she wished to put behind her. It did exceed all her expectations and I met the loveliest of ladies there who with open hearts did connect easily sharing food and stories, advice and laughs. It was a breakthrough and my friend cried with joy to bring her life to this place of amazing uplift. I felt honoured to share in her experience and to have been with her the longest time on her life journey. We have been through shit together and seen each other in decidedly unfavourable circumstances. We fell out too at least once when working on a performance project together brought us to breaking point. A few months later after not talking, we realised we had overcome some block and were closer than ever. We reached a new level of being able to be with each other and it was a relief. Having said our worst to each other, we’d had it out, and there was no need for more upset, just gratitude for each other’s friendship. I am so proud of her now.
When are unkind words necessary?
When you run out of options, patience is exceeded. If they are not nasty for the sake of it, then some difficult but honest words may bridge a gap in time. Some things are hard to say and may only emerge in a conflict, but from there growth is possible, and if embraced can lead to greater clarity.
- Week 2: Compassion, Forgiveness Dialogue – We be Lotus (alternateeconomy.wordpress.com)
- Gender Grids – Part 2 (probings.wordpress.com)
- Healing With Positive Affirmations (debbies-ebooks.com)
- Weekly Affirmation ~ April 22nd (globallightmindsdailyinspirations.wordpress.com)
- Affirming Faith in the Face of Doubt (lpstribling.wordpress.com)
- Support: The Beautiful Project, Promoting Self-Esteem in Black Girls (clutchmagonline.com)
- Words Are Powerful (sensualblissvoyager.wordpress.com)
- 3 things the girl in your life needs to know (joycannis.wordpress.com)
- Declaration and Affirmation (metaphyzgirl.wordpress.com)
- Positive Affirmations – Believing In Yourself (herfavoritejuice.com)